Saturday, January 22, 2011

How I got into the blogging craze

IT was not a couple of months ago that I got hooked into blogging. Before that, I found it absurd that people would post their thoughts and their daily activities for all the world to see. I found it even more absurd that peo ple would post on their blogs yet change the preferences to private so other pe ople will not read the entries. I thought, "Why create an online diary if you a re not going to make it public anyway?" So I shunned the idea of creating my own blog, even as my friends maintained ei ther a personal website or an account with a blog site. But everything changed two years ago. My friend sent me a link to her blog, and I decided to check it out. Within minutes, I found myself absorbed in reading her blog and was amused at how many people gave their inputs to her entries.
It was more like an onlin e community where you can share your thoughts with your friends and they get to share their points of view as well. It was then that I realized that blogs are more than just personal diaries wher e you write your daily activities. Rather, blogs are powerful tools for communi cating with others. Nowadays, people use their blogs to share their most intima te thoughts, such as political views, entertainment rants and raves, and cultur al views.

Blogs like that of Newsbreak and PCIJ are just some of the popular online journals that people regularly visit to read ab out political insights and editorials. That was when I decided to start my own blog. I created an account with Blogspot, one of the popu lar blog sites today. What got me hooked into Blogspot, or Bs, is that it al lows you to create and participate in an online community where you can connect with hundreds of people. Itâs also a plus that most of my friends have Bs accounts, making it easier for me to connect with them. Having an Bs account also l ets me get in touch with my friends because I can read their entries and share my comments. It also gives me the venue to create new relationships, like parti cipating in online communities and groups.

Ive been maintaining my blog for a while now. I've posted all kinds of entries, from my personal takes on political issues to seemingly mundane topics like love and friendship. Yet, I'm proud of my blog because I'm able to share my in sights and take part in that great world of discourse and gossip.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see another fine blog :)
    Thanks for joining BlogDumps!
    Stop by and announce your blog in the forum.

    All the best
    Wolfbernz

    ReplyDelete