Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Visual Fantasies

I love watching films (though it’s only a few years ago since I started watching on the big screen). I enjoy old films more. There are still so many I want to watch—those that have come before me and those that I have missed either because of strict parents or money. haha. But there is the excitement one gets while waiting for a movie to come out, especially when you have waited for a year or where you have watched the prequel. I still find time to watch movies every now and then, usually on the last full show. The last two were Harry Potter 6 and G.I. Joe. (I waited for Public Enemies, I missed it, and I felt bad.)

These are just my general impressions, not a review. I like voicing opinions on films. haha. Harry Potter 6 seemed to be lacking elements and focused more on the teenaged romance than on the real action. I told my friend that they should have changed the title (of course, I know, they won’t do that). Half-Blood Prince does not seem appropriate anymore; there were too few scenes pertaining to the “prince”. It was still entertaining, though.

On the other hand, I liked G.I. Joe. I felt just a little frustrated of having forgotten the names of the characters I have watched as a kid. When I watched the trailer, I thought it does not fit with the G.I. Joe idea. When I watched the movie, I found that the high-tech stuff ala Matrix and Transformers blended well. Yo Joe!

I am planning on watching G.I. Joe again on television when the videos come out, preferably with somebody else’s home theater haha (unless I can conjure one out of thin air!). Sometimes, you just have to let and enjoy how others interpret the fantasies. All you have to do is to sit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment