Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Decade Over A Cup Of Coffee

Last night, I met up with an old friend. We hadn’t seen each other for almost a decade already. She has been going back and forth to the States since she she became a citizen in high school and started studying there. Our meeting wasn’t really planned; she just found out that I am here in our hometown, so she contacted me right away. We couldn’t have Branson vacation packages or other trips together because of physical and time constraints, so this was the only opportunity to meet her again, especially when she informed she’d be leaving again for the States on Wednesday.

She was 4 years younger than I am. When we first met, she was still in grade 6 and I was in my first year in college. Although she was so young then, she was really matured for her age. It was like we were of the same age. Her activities were already for girls of my age, plus she’s really beautiful. She already looked like a full-grown woman, whereas I still looked like nene

(hahaha).

Anyway, as I’ve mentioned earlier, it has been almost 10 years since we last met. We only know bits and pieces of news about each other, and we seldom chat because of different time zones, not to mention I seldom log in to networking sites. But when we saw each other last night, it’s as if there weren’t any years that passed. We were like when we were before. She was that matured high school kid, and I was the naive college girl. There were no awkward moments. Immediately, we tried to catch up on each other’s life, telling stories of 5 years ago.

She shared me her pregnancy experience and how it was a miracle that she got pregnant. I was truly excited to see the kid she’s carrying in her belly. The coffee cups were already long empty, but we were still long before we could finish the night. She had to go home because she and her mom would be leaving for Manila early morning the next day. We kissed each other goodbye and embraced each other tight. I sure am gonna miss her again. She told me that, even if it’s gonna be years more before we see each other again, it would still seem like the way we were before.

But of course, I hope it wouldn’t take 10 more years again. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment