Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just Got Lucky

This is a message of gratitude to my very good friend, although this is only for a particular instance. Words and actions can never suffice to express my gratitude for the genuine friendship that he has given me. Even this simple message of thanks isn’t enough to express my appreciation for my dear friend’s hospitality.

His support for this whole week was indispensable. During the first half, he helped me kept awake, going out of his way to accompany me while I study. Starting 6:30 a.m. this Tuesday, we agreed that I should just stay in his home so that he could “guard” me while I study. From the very beginning, he and his family are very supportive of my law school dream. And his mother was very confident and proud that I’d become a lawyer in the “family”, considering me as her own child. If only for her trust, I’m trying to pursue harder.

Starting Tuesday, my friend had been very hospitable in their home, including her brother and sister. In my whole stay in Manila, I need not do anything. Everything was taken cared for, from breakfast super early in the morning until dinner. He cooked delicious foods, and I felt like I’ve gained several pounds. He ensured I wake up when it’s time and that I stay awake until I have to. He even allows me to have naps, very careful that I do not oversleep. His usually quiet siblings also made me feel taken cared for, always asking if I want this or that. I was, in all sense, a freeloader–and they didn’t mind. I don’t know what I did to deserve a very good friend (and his family) in my life. He makes life a little less harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment